Wednesday, April 9, 2008

24 hours later

Time went by ... Sunday morning. I pull my Curve out of its swivel, it unlocks automatically ;-) ain't that nice?, I check again my mobile network data connectivity (alias EDGE) ... same problem. I start changing settings here and there ... no luck.
Sunday afternoon ... I call my mobile operator Claro Argentina again. I finally reached someone with a very good knowledge on berries, she drives me through a reset procedure, checks my line, checks my services, and after asking for my PIN she finds out my line has not been correctly provisioned for a BlackBerry service ... (no kidding), so she tells me I will need to wait until the next day for it to work ... another 24 hours ...
I spent rest of the day playing with the BlackBerry Desktop software, and trying to import my Contacts list.
There are a couple of options available, like Backup/Restore, Import from a previous Berry, and a little hidden there are general import options to Synchronize with Outlook, "ASCI files" (which includes .csv files) and a few others.
Initially I wanted to send my Contacts over Bluetooth straight from my Samsung D600 to the Curve, but my Samsung's Bluetooth radio seems to be miss-behaving lately (I checked it against other devices than de Curve and it consistently failed). So that was not an option to me. Anyway I later discovered that the Curve has no "Receive Contact via bluetooth" option :-S

No comments: