Tuesday, April 8, 2008

No internet access ... calling tech support ... waiting

After trying to connect with the Wap browser (the only browser I had available) and realizing there was a problem with data communications (Voice and SMS worked just fine) I decided to call customer service. I called a couple of times and got different answers, "please call this other number for mobile internet support", "wait 24 hours for the network to be configured for your device". I decided to wait and played with the rest of the phone features the rest of the day. (Still Saturday).
I paired the phone to my girl friend's Motorola H500 bluetooth headset and it worked wonderful, even better than the Samsungs. Having the Voice Dialing is great when you are driving. You can also check some phone status via voice commands, like battery charge , signal strength, etc.
Then after proving it was strong on the bluetooth side, I brought my Motorola HT-820 Bluetooth Stereo Headset and loaded some music from the computer using the USB MassStorage support. They paired pretty fast and then from the media player I started playing same tunes. The headset also supports AVRP and works perfectly to remotely control the music playback (Volume up, down, next track, prev track, play & pause)
So far so good ! :-)
It played alright all of my mp3, mp4 and 3gp files I copied over form my former Samsung phone.
Music can by left playing in background with no noticeable delay on the OS responsiveness.
I even tried and succeeded at setting a custom ringtone for a contact while listening to the music. That's right, it mixed both mp3 through the bt headset. :-)

No comments: